I have made this delicious recipe couple of months ago. Now i was scanning my camera and found the picture i took. Upon looking on it i can't help to feel tempted to make one but i'm trying to control myself because I am on a diet. I must say that this is a comfort food for most Filipino's and its truly tempting.
· 1 lb. pork (you can used pork belly or pork hocks), cut into serving pieces
· 1 cup water
· 3 cloves garlic, crushed
. 2 pcs onion bulbs, cut into pieces
· 1/3 cup vinegar
· 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
· 1/4 cup soy sauce
· 1 bay leaf
· 1/4 tsp. pepper or 1 tsp. peppercorns
· 1 tsp. oil
. pieces of banana blossoms
· salt to taste
· 3 potatoes, peeled and quartered (optional)
· hard-boiled eggs (optional)
1. Combine all ingredients in a big pot and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for about an hour or until pork belly is tender. You may wish to adjust the taste according to your taste and liking.
2. You can add some potatoes or hard-boiled eggs whichever you prefer.
3.. Remove peppercorns or bay leaf (if used) just before serving. Serve hot.
You can also add black beans if you like and used pineapple juice or sprite to marinate before bring to a boil