Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Humba Recipe


I have made this delicious recipe couple of months ago. Now i was scanning my camera and found the picture i took. Upon looking on it i can't help to feel tempted to make one but i'm trying to control myself because I am on a diet. I must say that this is a comfort food for most Filipino's and its truly tempting.

Ingredients:

· 1 lb. pork (you can used pork belly or pork hocks), cut into serving pieces
· 1 cup water
· 3 cloves garlic, crushed
. 2 pcs onion bulbs, cut into pieces
· 1/3 cup vinegar
· 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
· 1/4 cup soy sauce
· 1 bay leaf
· 1/4 tsp. pepper or 1 tsp. peppercorns
· 1 tsp. oil
. pieces of banana blossoms
· salt to taste
· 3 potatoes, peeled and quartered (optional)
· hard-boiled eggs (optional)



Procedure:

1. Combine all ingredients in a big pot and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for about an hour or until pork belly is tender. You may wish to adjust the taste according to your taste and liking.

2. You can add some potatoes or hard-boiled eggs whichever you prefer.

3.. Remove peppercorns or bay leaf (if used) just before serving. Serve hot.


Note:
You can also add black beans if you like and used pineapple juice or sprite to marinate before bring to a boil

5 comments:

Unknown said...

oyy humba!!!! i really really really really like this dish!!! i've tried this when i went to mindanao and i have been craving for it for months now!! thank god you posted this recipe! i'll ask my mom to cook it for me! ;) yeah sure lets exchange links ;)

Marites said...

it's been awhile since i've had this..masarap pero cholesterollific :D thanks for visiting my blog. how are u na?

Cheiza said...

hi Paulette, thanks for dropping by. This is really simple to do. You can even do it by yourself. :)Enjoy. I already add your link. Thanks.

Cheiza said...

Hi Tes, yes tagal na din. I'm doin ok now. Just really need to catch up things here. I'll have to start all over again since i already lost my page rank and yes you are right this food is cholesterollific kaya nga kahit anong sarap pinipigilan ko sarili ko :)

Unknown said...

oh yeah? ay i love it! sige i might just try it one of these days ...hehehehe